I get asked all the time about the books I’m reading so I thought I’d share some of my favorites that are currently on my nightstand. I’m an avid reader and I’m always looking for something new to read. Here are a few of my favorite books I’m currently reading:
- Other Birds by Sarah Addison Allen: A beautiful and touching story. This book is as magical and enchanting as all of Sarah’s other books. She’s a favorite author of mine! She tells a story in such a beautiful and lyrical way.
- The Bookstore Sisters by Alice Hoffman: It’s about a middle-age woman returning home and reconciling with her sister. She helps with their family bookstore and gets her Happy-Ever-After after a lonely life. This is a short read at only 36 pages, but it’s a powerful story and so worth the read.
- The Art of Aliveness: A Creative Return to What Matters Most by Flora Bowley: Artist Flora Bowley Flora outlines the creative tools she uses every day to live a life full of more joy, play and healing! It’s a great read.
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill: I’ve heard about this book for years and been told by so many to read it, so I finally decided to pick this one up. I think the thing I love most, besides the history of the people the author is speaking about (I’m a sucker for history) is how he speaks to mindset and the power our thoughts have. I’ve been surprised by this book. I think it’s a necessary read for everyone.
- Make Your Art No Matter What by Beth Pickens: This book is a great support book for artists. It discusses obstacles we go through as artists and how we can support our work.
- Archer’s Voice by Mia Sheridan: Mia is a new author to me, but so far this is a heart-wrenching love story and I’m here for it!!
What about you? Any great reads?? Tell me!!